This is a post about what I've been thinking. I called them confessions because the aren't what the perfect mommy would think. Is there really ever a perfect mommy though? Do you have any mommy confessions to make me feel better?
1. Having a baby (or two) does majorly crazy things to ones body. I realize I need to be patient but I would REALLY like to fit into some jeans. Any jeans. Also, acne, stretch marks, and hair falling out.
2. Sometimes I don't change to babies' outfits if they only spit up a little.
3. I am sort of tired of pumping. I can't actually breastfeed the babies because their milk has to be fortified for extra calories. So I have to pump and feed and it takes for.ev.er. There is major "mommy guilt" about this. It is such an internal battle. I want to keep pumping for them, my goal is six months to get through cold and flu season. But I can't go anywhere. I can't sleep on my side because I get a plugged duct, EVERY time. On the other hand, formula is SO expensive! I need to just suck it up and stick to it until April. Where's my mom? She is great at telling me to suck it up.
4. I realize it is awful but I'm a little excited about going back to work. I am looking forward to seeing all my coworkers and favorite patients. I also think it will be good for the babies to be around other children and the daycare providers.
5. I went to the grocery store yesterday. With BOTH babies. By myself. Terrifying but went great.
That's all for now. Here are the two that make it all worth it.