Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mommy Confessions

This is a post about what I've been thinking. I called them confessions because the aren't what the perfect mommy would think. Is there really ever a perfect mommy though? Do you have any mommy confessions to make me feel better?

1. Having a baby (or two) does majorly crazy things to ones body. I realize I need to be patient but I would REALLY like to fit into some jeans. Any jeans. Also, acne, stretch marks, and hair falling out.

2. Sometimes I don't change to babies' outfits if they only spit up a little.

3. I am sort of tired of pumping. I can't actually breastfeed the babies because their milk has to be fortified for extra calories. So I have to pump and feed and it takes for.ev.er. There is major "mommy guilt" about this. It is such an internal battle. I want to keep pumping for them, my goal is six months to get through cold and flu season. But I can't go anywhere. I can't sleep on my side because I get a plugged duct, EVERY time. On the other hand, formula is SO expensive! I need to just suck it up and stick to it until April. Where's my mom? She is great at telling me to suck it up.

4. I realize it is awful but I'm a little excited about going back to work. I am looking forward to seeing all my coworkers and favorite patients. I also think it will be good for the babies to be around other children and the daycare providers.

5. I went to the grocery store yesterday. With BOTH babies. By myself. Terrifying but went great.

That's all for now. Here are the two that make it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment