Thursday, January 7, 2010



We transferred two blastocysts (embryos, or as I like to call them, babies) on January 5th. They doctor said they looked great and actually asked if we wanted to transfer just one! We decided to stick with two since that had been the plan and we were mentally prepared for two. We also thought that if it doesn't work, we would really regret not putting in two.

It was a lot more emotional than I though it would be. First of all I had no idea we would get a picture of the embryos (above). WOW! Then they use ultrasound to see where they are putting them and the nurse said "Ok, that bright white spot is the embryos." WOW AGAIN! After the nurse and doctor left the room, I had to lay there for 20-30 minutes and I cried! Such a baby - but so amazing to see and to realize that this might actually be it!

I go in Sunday, January 17th at 9:10am for a blood draw to check my beta HCG to see if I'm pregnant. The doctor will call us that day with the results. I am really torn about whether or not I should try a home pregnancy test before that...we'll see if I can hold off or not.

Fingers still crossed!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!!! I hope you the best of luck through this!! We have some friends who have been going through this same trial and had two implanted right around Christmas! Good luck and hope the time flies between now and the 17th! Don't cheat, the at home tests probably won't detect it that soon.... it could cause you emotional stress you don't need!!

    ~Sara Koon

    ReplyDelete