Tuesday, July 19, 2011

23 Weeks

I'm 23 weeks pregnant with the twins!


I have been feeling pretty good this past week. My feet are still unhappy with me and how much I now weigh but I'm trying to sit more and baby them a little. I also accept foot massages any time they're offered - thanks Jeremy and Mom!

This week the babies are about 11 inches long and weigh over a pound each, according to Baby Center. They can feel me dance, their blood vessels in their lungs are developing to prepare for breathing and the sounds they are hearing are preparing them for the outside world. So they'll be used to Daisy's bark when they arrive.


I've still been craving tomatoes and I got one from my garden! I had BLTs this week and sweet corn - a great summer meal. I have also been craving bruschetta from Biaggi's and Jeremy and I went there for lunch today and I had that - it was AMAZING!

Jeremy gave me a gift card for a maternity massage and also a manicure and pedicure today and I am SO excited. I'm also a little nervous for the massage because I've never had one before but I'm sure it will be amazing. Maybe I'll schedule it for after my next six day stretch of work.

We are looking forward to our appointment with Dr. Drake next Tuesday and I have a regular OB appointment and my glucose test next Wednesday. We can't wait to see the babies again!

Lastly, and completely unrelated, my Mom and Grandma Betty came up for dinner tonight and we had this Three Berry Lemon Trifle for dessert. I got the recipe here. It was so light and summery. And with all that fruit is must be healthy, right?



I hope everyone is having a GREAT week and staying cool - IT'S SO HOT!

1 comment:

  1. This heat must be absolutely knocking you out! I remember being pregnant with Alyssa during the summer, it was horrid! Never wanted to leave the AC.

    ReplyDelete