Tuesday, September 20, 2011

32 Weeks

I am 32 weeks pregnant with Ainsley and Benson!


There's been a lot going on the last few days. First I had TWO baby showers this past weekend which were fantastic. It was so great to see so many family and friends. And of course the babies got spoiled like crazy! They got so many wonderful gifts - now we just have to find a place to put everything!

Then I got sick. I started to get a sore throat Friday night and felt tired and icky on Saturday. Sunday night I felt down right miserable and didn't go to work Monday. I'm calling it a cold and I'm totally blaming Jeremy. He hadn't felt well last week but we thought it was just allergies. Apparently not though and he decided to share with me - how nice. I was a whiny baby all weekend but Jeremy has been taking care of me. I will say the worst part about having a cold when your pregnant is that everytime I cough I seriously wonder if I'm going to pee my pants! So far, so good though, in case you were wondering.

Today we had two appointments. The first with Dr. Drake, the perinatologist. The second with Dr. Newland, one of the OBs at The Iowa Clinic. Everything is looking good! They checked the babies' growth at Dr. Drake's office. They are estimating Ben at 4lbs 4oz and Ainsley at 4lbs 8oz. As far as when they will be here, Dr. Drake said she usually sees twins delivered around 35 weeks on average. That would be just THREE MORE WEEKS! I am under the impression they won't let me go more than about 38 weeks. Now, that being said, today I am measuring the same as someone who is 39 weeks pregnant with one baby. If I go 6 more weeks I'll be measuring like 45 weeks pregnant - YIKES! We did start our non-stress tests today and I now start going to the doctor every week. We have a lot to be thankful for in that the babies are healthy and I am healthy (besides the cold and feeling 8 months pregnant with twins)! We have been very fortunate to avoid any problems with blood pressure, diabetes, and many other things that can complicate a pregnancy. Now we just have to wait patiently for them to get here!

The nursery is ALMOST ready to share - I can't wait!

I hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment