Thursday, September 29, 2011

33 Weeks

I am 33 weeks pregnant with Ainsley and Benson!


According to The Bump the babies weigh between 4.2lbs and 5.8lbs and are between 17.2in and 18.7in long. They are keeping their eyes open when they're awake. They are starting to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Their bones are hardening and they're going through more major brain development.

As far as pregnancy symptoms, I'm having it all. I am always hot! Especially at work, where even if it is 60 degrees outside it's, for some unknown reason, 75 degrees in the pharmacy. Thank goodness for fans. I actually had an older gentleman I was giving a flu shot to tell me I needed to wear sunscreen because I was all red from being so hot! Heartburn is still ridiculous but I'm sleeping on the couch in the recliner now so that is helping. Otherwise if I lay down in bed I wake up within about 20 minutes choking on stomach acid - gross, I know.

I had a non-stress test Tuesday then an OB appointment. The NST was "reactive" meaning the babies did what they were supposed to but it did take about an hour and twenty minutes. Ben wasn't wanting to cooperate but some apple juice did the trick and got him moving and doing what he should. The OB was uneventful as usual. Ainsley is still head down and Ben was breach this time. Another NST and OB appointment next week then an appointment with Dr. Drake at 35 weeks for a growth check.

People keep asking if we have everything ready. While my checklist is getting shorter I always think "Can you ever really be 'ready' for twins?" I think not. We will definitely be flying by the seats of our pants for awhile! All advice is welcome. If you have any "must haves" or advice you found especially helpful PLEASE let us know. We KNOW we don't know what we're doing. There are things you know you know...nevermind...

So, I think that's it for this week! I have another baby shower this weekend that my wonderful girlfriends are hosting and I can't wait to see everyone! I hope you all are having a great week!

2 comments:

  1. You've probably heard this already but if you haven't and if you haven't already bought them, it is worth it to only buy one bouncer and one swing until you know for sure which one your babies prefer. My Ben loved the swing but Emma preferred the bouncer. It saves space and money! Also, we chose to get booster seats for our twins instead of high chairs. It was at first a money issue but now I am so glad we chose booster seats! They are perfect for us! When we started using them at about 7 months old, Emma was not yet sitting up but all we had to do was secure her with blankets and it worked like a charm! I loved the swaddle blankets for the simple reason that they are the same lightweight fabric as receiving blankets but much bigger. Ummm, lets see, we loved the Halo Sack sleepers especially since our babies were born in November and kept them toasty warm with a sleep and play underneath. Oh yeah, you probably have tons but newborn clothes are a waste (in my opinion!) when babies are born during flu season. We were told not to take our babies out except for doctors appointments for 2 months at least so they lived in sleep and plays and onesies for their first winter.

    I think that's it. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love following your journey! Can't wait to see them when they arrive!!

    ReplyDelete