Sunday, December 27, 2009

Going Well...I Think...


It has been a few days since I posted anything - something about Christmas happening...

We have had two ultrasound/bloodwork appointments. The first was Christmas Eve morning. We had LOTS of eggs on the ultrasound. They measured about 8 of them and they will keep measuring to make sure they are growing. The doctor's office called and told me to reduce my Follistim and Repronex injections by half. The second ultrasound/bloodwork appointment was Saturday, December 26th. The eggs were growing! There were still A LOT of eggs on the right ovary but the left one was very hard to see. The nurse who did the ultrasound said that the ovaries get heavy and drop down and so they are hard to see sometimes. She also said it could be the right one was predominant and there weren't as many on the left side. So later that day the doctor's office called and said to hold the Follistim injections because my Estradiol level was over 2000 - which is apparently pretty high.

Now I am just hoping that the Estradiol levels don't get too high and cause OHSS - Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome. We have another appointment tomorrow morning for another ultrasound and bloodwork. Then hopefully we will find out what day the retrieval will be - Wednesday or Thursday.

And just for fun, a picture of my bruised belly.

No comments:

Post a Comment