Monday, December 21, 2009

Started Stims!

So I started stimulation injections today - or stims for all us cool IVF people. Don't be jealous, you can say it too ;)

Anyway, started Follistim injections this morning. It is a pen type injection and I was a little overwhelmed with the three pages of instructions at first but it wasn't too bad. Tomorrow will definitely be easier. Then tonight I did my Repronex injection...that one sucked. First of all you have to use diluent to mix it. So I have to draw up 1mL of diluent, dilute the first vial, draw that up and use it to dilute the second vial then draw that back up, change the needle and inject it. And to do all this they gave me 1mL syringes which sounds like it makes sense but really a 3mL would be much easier so I don't have to draw it all the way to the top...or bottom, however you look at it. Anyway, this probably makes no sense unless you have done this before, or are in pharmacy or nursing...

Sorry, rambling...

So, the injection also sucked because I'm not so sure that subcutaneous injections are meant for injecting an entire milliliter because it hurt like heck! That or the medication itself hurt. I am going to try icing tomorrow before that one. Or maybe try the thigh instead of the belly. We'll see...

Well, keep thinking happy, egg producing thoughts for my ovaries! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment