Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday, October 16th


I couldn't help but start with this picture! Miss Ainsley is having a pretty good day. She has spent the day "suntanning" because she has jaundice.


Her headband is holding her "sunglasses" in place :)


She is up to 14ml every three hours. They are increasing her feeds every shift which basically equates to every eight hours or three times per day. She is tolerating her feeds pretty well and *usually* doesn't have any residuals before her next feed. She does especially well digesting if she is on her tummy. I'm not sure if that is pretty common for all babies or not. Ainsley also tried nursing today and she did really well for her first time! She latched and did a little sucking but was a little grumpy about it being so much harder than her bottle. I think it will get easier though and I'm continuing to pump every two hours to try to keep up with her and her brother!

Benson is just chug-a-lugging along. He is up to 38ml every three hours. He has also been getting all breastmilk and I am not going to be able to keep up much longer with what I am currently getting each time so I think tonight he will have to get part formula again. Otherwise, not much else is new for him. He has been feeding pretty well from the bottle. I would say about every other time or every third time right now he has some left over we put in his feeding tube but it's not usually more than 5ml to 7ml. It just depends on how sleepy he is. He also has been practicing nursing and he isn't quite as good as his sister, yet anyway. His sucking seems to be getting stronger every day though so I'm sure it's just a matter of time.


I think that's it for now. I am thankful for the opportunity to do this blog and to keep all our family and friends updated. We have been overwhelmed by everyone who is interested in how our babies are doing and we are more than happy to share with all of you! Thank you all for your continued support and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment